What is MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS (Multiwave Locked System) Laser Therapy is a non-invasive, pain free alternative to prescription pain medications, with zero side effects. Our laser is the only multi-wave locked system, dual wave, fully robotic laser therapy system on the market. This means deeper penetration into the skin with no heat produced allowing faster healing with no known side effects. It has been cleared by the FDA since 2009.
Why is MLS Laser Therapy different?
MLS Laser Therapy is a medical breakthrough therapeutic device with unparalleled applications and treatment outcomes. The laser works by converting light into biochemical energy, resulting in normal cell function, which causes symptoms (PAIN) to disappear. The MLS (Multiwave Locked System) Therapy Laser uses a delivery system that synchronizes two wavelengths. One wavelength provides an anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect via a continuous wave delivery. The second wavelength provides pain killing effects, with some of the anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect and is delivered using a pulsed mode laser energy.
But by far the most important mechanism of laser therapy is the stimulation of energy production for the cell. There are organelles within each cell called mitochondrial. These structures generate the “gasoline” or energy cells used to make proteins, heal damage, and perform every other activity a cell needs to do to survive. When the laser is applied to tissue, the mitochondrial become hyperactive. This generates a tremendous surge in the energy that the cell needs to perform its reparative process. A study published in the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery showed that laser therapy was six times more effective than placebo therapy in patients with severe chronic plantar fascia pain.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Strains & Sprains
- Post Surgical Swelling
How does it work?
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
What can I expect during a treatment?
MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatments being 7 to 10 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments.
The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore; expect to see improvements as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by Dr. Vittori and Dr. Thakraar or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
Clinical Effects of MLS Laser Therapy
- Angiogenesis & Neovascularization – An increase in oxygenated blood to the injured tissue which causes temporary vasodilatation, an increase in the diameter of the blood vessels.
- Inflammation & Edema – MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect asit causes vasodilatation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic – MLS Laser Therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and encephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth – Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired.
- Nerve Regeneration – Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potential to optimize muscle action.
- Improved Vascular Activity – Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speed up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue.
- Cartilage Production – Increase in chondrocyte and collagen production allows for improved cartilage deposition and joint functions.
- Increases Metabolic Activity – MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Bone Formation – Proliferation of osteocytes and remodeling of bone extracellular matrix results in accelerated bone repair.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points – MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Muscle Regeneration and Muscle Atrophy – Repair of damaged muscle fibers and activation of myogenic satellite cells leads to regeneration of muscle tissue.
- Collagen Production – Proper alignment and remodelling of collagen reduces internal scar formation and enhances tissue elasticity. MLS Laser Therapy also reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old scar tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, laser therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.
MLS Laser Therapy is a non-invasive, alternative to addictive pain medications, as well as an alternative to surgery in some cases. It works well in 9 out of 10 patients and could benefit you. If you truly want to get out of pain and regain your active life, check with Dr. Vittori and Dr. Thakraar to see if MLS Laser Therapy treatment are the right choice for you.