Bunion Treatment Homer Glen, IL
The podiatrists at Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialists provide a variety of bunion treatment options to patients, experiencing misalignment tissue in the foot joints and/or misalignment of the bone. These joints facilitate motion and assists in weight support. It can cause significant pain and discomfort, when one or both joints move out of place.
There are several different bunion treatment options for
- Pain Management
At Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialists, our experienced podiatrists provide custom bunion treatment recommendations for each patient to assist in returning to their active lifestyles.
Bunion Treatment By Podiatrist
when there is an enlargement of the joint at the base and side of the big toe a bunion can occur. This can cause pain as they rub together:
Main goals for bunion treatment at Vittori Foot and Ankle Specialists:
- Relieve the pressures and pains caused by the bunion
- Stop growth of the bunion
Surgical Bunion Treatment
For bunion patients who cannot get relief from regular treatments, Vittori Foot and Ankle Specialists also offers bunion surgery.
Podiatric Bunion Surgery Clinic Homer Glen, IL
It’s key to choose a doctor who is qualified in order to achieve the best outcome. Here are some of the things you need to consider when choosing your podiatrist.
- Board certification – You need to pick a surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Dr. Vittori is board certified.
- Understanding of biomechanics – In order to elect the best procedure/treatment for your case, a Podiatric Surgeon must also have the ability to evaluate your biomechanical structure, including: tightness of leg muscles, foot and leg alignment, motion of the bones around the bunion site and midfoot, and rear foot alignment.
- Extensive experience – An experienced surgeon, like Dr. Vittori, has the better techniques to deal with complications and reduce the risks of any complications occurring at all.
- Careful handling of tissues – A top surgeon who handles tissue with good care and a more soft touch will help keep pain at a low level both short term and long term.
- Quality surgical facility
- Honest communication throughout diagnosis and treatment – Explains the potential complications and keeps patient aware at all times of the condition status as well as realistic outcomes.
- Uses post operation foot orthotics – It’s not always enough to do surgery for long term relief. If your doctor does not help correct the biomechanical reasons for the bunion in other parts of the foot, then the result in the long term may not be positive. Post operation orthotics are key to long term effective treatment.