Achilles Tendonitis Treatment
Not only is the achilles tendon the largest tendon in the body, it is also the most frequently ruptured tendon. The rupture usually occurs during sports and other strenuous activities.
Achilles tendonitis is a common disorder that can cause pain that keeps lingering, and also swelling, and sometimes requires surgery if not treated.
Some activities and situations that can result in Achilles Tendonitis:
- Unusual and sudden stops and starts when running, sprinting, jogging, or even walking
- Lack of flexibility in the calf muscles and sudden overuse activities
- Not wearing the right footwear or having overpronation
- Stair Climbing or Aggressive Hill Running
Symptoms of achillies tendonitis
Achilles tendonitis starts intially with minor pains after exercising or running that gradually worsens and tightens over time. Here are some symptoms:
- Sluggishness in the legs
- Stiffness in muscles in an unusual way
- Specific areas tightening and pain
- Consistent tenderness in the area when waking up in the morning